My diet experiment yesterday went really well!!! I'll show you what i ate:
- Morning: Protein yogurt with soy crispies
- Lunch: Plant-based mini (not-meat) balls
- Dinner: Rice, soy pieces with tandoori, brown rice mix
- Snack: Protein yogurt with soy crispies
I did not feel hungry once during the day and all this together was only 1,173 calories and 108.5g of protein! Isn't that crazy?!?!? I always add extra soy chunks to my dinners wherever i can to up the protein but i could've easily added less, cause i think i added too much to my dish (it made it not taste good). But even if i had left out the extra soy chunks i would've still eaten 99g of protein. That is crazy!
For lunch i actually wanted to eat soy chunks, but i realized i would eat a lot of soy that day and wasn't in the mood for the same type of flavor throughout. So i went through my freezer to see what i had and remembered that i still had left over mini (not-meat) balls from the day before. So i heated some of those up. There were only 9 pieces, 150 calories and 13g of protein. But not every meal has to be high protein and it kept me satiated till dinner.
When i realized how easily it is now for me to get to my protein goal while maintaining low calorie; i immediately ordered more soy crispies and some soy chunks lol. It is mainly the soy crispies that are so wonderful. They are like cereal and love the extra crunch they add to the yogurt. I can even add it on top of ice cream and other sweet things that i like to eat. You also don't need much!
I ended up grabbing a cup from my cupboard and fill that up with exactly 50g of soy crispies with a little scooper and put it on my desk (since i am there most of the day) So i could easily add it to my yogurt. I also ate a bit too much yogurt in the morning, i felt so full. I only ate 155g but maybe have to lower it to 100g. If i eat 100g protein yogurt with the crisps 3 times a day i already am at 71.7g of protein and only 441 calories. Gosh, if i had known this sooner it would've been so easy to follow a consistent high protein diet when i went to the gym more!
It's nice to know that it is easy now to reach my protein target without having to stress over making meals or whatever. So i am ever so grateful about finding out about the soy crispies omg.
I did not work out yesterday. I easily could've, but i didn't. The heat was still in the air. It was like a weird moist kind of heat, even though the sun was barely out yesterday. My hands and feet were tingly. This could indicate a b12 deficiency, but i have been taking my b12 pills pretty regularly the last month or so. Same with vitamin D, and i've been sitting more in the sun as well at the end of the day. But i can tell that i probably do have a vitamin deficiency. I am so tired all the time. I probably need to get it checked but i will first try and see if i will feel better by making sure to take my vitamin pills every day.

No comments:
Post a Comment